Color Separation Service
- 0.00 LBS
- Free Shipping
Our color separation service includes separation of your file. This includes separating the colors to your specifications and building an underbase if necessary. We can do simulated process; true 4 color process (not recommended for dark shirts), regular spot color or an index separation. Most of the separations we do will be done in Photoshop. If your design incorporates vector and/or raster images it will most likely be rasterized in photoshop. The file will be returned as a Photoshop .psd file with each color as it's own channel. Alternatively we can split the channels and bitmap each color for easy output even without a RIP software.
We can use the following file formats :
- Adobe Illustrator (ai, eps or pdf)
- Adobe Photoshop (psd, dcs 2.0, tif) at 200dpi or higher at size
- We don't recommend using any compressed format such as jpeg or gif files.
- We don't work in Corel Draw, so files will need to be converted to any of the above options
- Please upload the image at the time of the order to the image up-loader on this page.
- Most files are completed and returned within 1 business day of placing the order barring any issues with the art.
Not sure if your file will work or what is the best method for separation? E-mail it to us at email@example.com
Film Direct supplies us with working 6 color simulated process separations that consistently result in happy customers. Which is pretty awesome considering we're usually printing at 2am to meet tomorrow's deadlines, with little time to make adjustments. With turn times getting shorter, it's great to have help we can rely on. Thanks!
This kind of multi-color printing is new to me, so I had a lot of questions. Luckily, Bryan was very patient and very helpful. He took the time to get my artwork to the perfect state! I definitely use this service again!