- 2.00 LBS
- Calculated at Checkout
Bulk discount rates
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
|Buy 4 - 8||and get 10% off|
|Buy 9 or above||and get 15% off|
Using our own FD waterproof film, Wasatch RIP software, and fully calibrated Epson printers we can output film with your separated files to your specifications. All of our printed film is guaranteed to have a dMax rating of 3.5. What does this mean? It means that the imaging is very dense and the halftone dots are very crisp. Since the film is stable you won't have to worry about the registration being off. Since we print off a roll we can do film sizes up to 42" x 100'. If you don't see a size that suits your needs please contact us for more information.
Do you need the file separated also? We can handle that too. We offer a wide variety of separation techniques to suite your printing needs. Please check out our separations page for more information:
Required Specs: If you'll be providing us a separated file we require it to be sent in one of the following formats:
- Adobe Illustrator (ai, eps or pdf) Image must be to final output size. Each color must be a spot color or 100% black. Any CMYK or RGB colors will print as halftones.
- Adobe Photoshop (psd, dcs 2.0, tif) at 200dpi or higher at size, the separated colors must be saved to channels
- If the image has halftone dots please specify line screen and frequency. We recommend 35 lpi for use with discharge inks, 45 lpi for most applications and 55 or 65 lpi if you need to hold really fine detail. By default we run all spot color half tones at 45 lpi at 52.5 degrees. Other dot sizes and angles available upon request. We recommend using a screen that is 5x the lpi. So a 45-lpi film will require a screen with minimum of 225 mesh.
- Since the film is being produced on an inkjet printer the lowest font size we recommend would be 8pts. We've printed as low as 4 pt but through a loop the image may be hard to read.
We check the files for potential problems and will notify you if something doesn't look right. But to reduce the chance of an error or a delay in the order please follow the above guidelines. If you're not sure about how to set up the file just send us an email with your art and we'll get right back to you: email@example.com
- Please upload the image at the time of the order to the image up-loader on this page. Or Email us the file or a DropBox link
Limitations: Please note this film will not work well for certain high detail applications such as some offset printing. Please note the limitations below.
- Fonts below 8 pt
- Line Screen Above 65lpi
- strokes or lines below .5pt
Volume Pricing: Orders over 5 sheets receive a discount of 10% and order over 9+ sheets receive 15% off off each sheet. Add to cart to see price adjustment.
The price listed here is for one sheet of film. If you have a multiple color design or multiple images please update the shopping cart to reflect the total number of sheets to be output. Pick the sheet size as big or bigger than your art file with a 1/4 inch bleed around the file. IE If your file is a full 13" then order the 17x22" film as it may get cut off or reduce the size to 12.5"
Limited Liability: We warrant the product to be free from material defect. If there is an issue with the film you must notify Film Direct within 3 working days of receiving the order. We will choose at our discretion to either reprint the product or refund the purchase. We will not give refunds for carrier loss or destruction however we will reprint and ship the order at no additional charge by a carrier of our choice. We will provide expedited shipping at an additional cost if requested. . By ordering you agree to hold Film Direct harmless from any misprints, lost press time or missed deadlines etc... Our only obligation is to replace or refund the actual purchase price of the film.
Perfect films, wicked fast turnaround time. Will definitely use again!
Film Output from Film Direct has really helped our shop out in the short time we've been using it so far! Everything we've ordered has arrived exactly as requested, within reasonable time to keep our production moving and Film Direct goes one step further to reach out with any concerns before running the print project. We will definitely continue to utilize the helpful service they provide. Thanks again Film Direct!
The film work was perfect and the shipping super fast!!! FIVE STARS!!!
The films are beautiful. Crisp lines and black blacks. Plus the service was super fast and quite fairly priced. Doesn't get better than that!!!
Very consistent product. Outstanding job every time.
Film Direct is my go to for half tones and large format films. Their work is great!
PRINTED PERFECT. THANKS
Great quality. Perfect film positive for what I needed. The dot array was great.
Much better than splicing film together from my imagesetter. No seams or tape marks washing out on my all-over screens. Prompt service. Quality product at a great price.